Friday, August 15, 2008

Who knew this kind of stuff worked?

So I have to say I didn't think my blog would ever work. Anything that involves a computer tends to terrify me, and the lack of confidence I have in my computer skills usually keeps things from working. To be honest, when my friend Stephanie convinced me start a blog almost a year ago, I did it mostly because I knew no one would ever see it...or so I thought.
A few weeks ago, a couple of my cusins I hadn't seen for a while asked me why my blog only had one post. I couldn't believe they had read my last post, I was so embarressed. I didn't even remember what I had written. At the same time, the fact that my blog had worked motivated me to take it more seriously.
The night I found out my blogging was a success, was a sleepless night. Idea after idea rolled around in my head as I tried to decide what I would write about in my next post. Finally after a restless night I got to my computer at work and prepared myself to write. Being that I am just as forgetfull as I am computer illiterate, I couldn't remember how to log on. So rather than stress myself out about it I just put it aside thinking I would never hear about it again.
Once again I was wrong. Only a few days later I received a text from another cousin asking me about my blog. I told her of my dilema in not knowing how to log on, and as you might have guessed, she helped me out. So, hear I am again getting ready to start my life in the blogging world. I apologize in advance for how boring this page might end up being. My poor computer skills will probably prevent me from ever posting a picture, or changing the layout of the page. But who knows, I might eventually decide to join the technology skilled generation I was born into one of these days. When that day comes, watch out!

6 comments:

Elena said...

Yay! I'm so glad your back and I'm happy I could help! Posting pictures and stuff is super easy and as soon as I get back to Provo I will educate you! If I can do it so can you! Love ya!

Christine said...

Woo Hoo Mandy!!! I am so excited that you have once again joined the blogging world! For cute templates (backgrounds, etc.) go to www.cutestblogontheblock.com (or follow the link on my page). They give step by step instructions and it is super easy. It was so good to see you a couple of weeks ago!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

Finally! Now, just keep it up! I'm proud of you, Mandy!

The Sweet Life of Us said...

Hey Mandy! I love your blog, its so cute! Hope your doing great and having a fun summer!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool girly!!! If I can do it I know that you can. Look forward to hearing of whats happening in your life with two names.

Aubrey said...

Hi girly! What's up with me having to find your blog through other peoples? eh? JK. I thought your Amanda/Mandy post was funny. I remember in grade school we lined up alphabetically and I was excited because I was the first in line and then you came and stood next to me and I was confused for a minute and then I remembered you were AMANDA. I haven't forgotten since. :D funny memories.